Monday, December 31, 2007

Christmas Morning #2...

Because Jim was working Christmas morning I took the children, my sister Ruth and her daughter Iva up north to spend time with my parents and all the Aunts, Uncles and little cousins. We stayed with my sister Michelle. On Christmas eve most of the cousins slept down in the family room. I was designated to chaperon - translation...Ruth got first dibs on the bedroom upstairs -

Like I said in the post previous, morning came at 4:00 a.m. I lay in the dark listening to the children who were allowed to open their stockings until Grandma and Grandad arrived. I enjoyed the many squeals of delight.

"Sweet!"

"I got marbles!"

"I got crayons!"

"I got a frog!"

"I got socks and underwear?!"

"That's 'cause you've been bad."

"I love Santa!"

The grandparents arrived at about 8:30 - by that time all 9 children were on such a sugar high we couldn't keep them downstairs.



After that, glorious chaos broke out - each child was possessed with so much 'Christmas cheer' we were afraid for our lives ... we let Uncle Eddie face the mob while the rest of us sat at a safe distance and prayed for his safe return.




No comments: