Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Chasing seagulls - originally written Nov. 2007


My boys chase seagulls. They seem to like congregating in the baseball diamonds (the seagulls not my boys). Here Liam tries to sneak up on them - slowly inching towards them until they can tolerate the threat no longer. In one torrent of white feathers they lift as Liam bolts to grasp at legs. He has yet to catch one but I am sure when he does we will have to name the poor creature, keep it in Liam's room and feed it french fries.


This is a tradition Dad started. One afternoon he called the children together and told them he needed to show them something. He had them put on their shoes. Once they were outside Dad was off like lightening chasing seagulls. The children watched in amazement. Had Dad lost his mind? Before they dared answer the question, each jetted after him screaming and laughing in due fashion.


I wonder what the neighbours think? No...I don't want to know.

No comments: