Thursday, October 26, 2006

7 questions . . .

I have been thinking about Dr. DeMille's 7 Principles to great teaching lately and how they fit (or if they fit) in our home.

What does 'classics not textbooks' look like in my home?
What does 'you not them' look like in my home?
What does 'inspire not require' look like in my home?
What does 'structure time not content' look like in my home?
What does 'simplicity not complexity' look like in my home?
What does 'quality not conformity' look like in my home?
What does 'mentors not professors' look like in my home?

For the next while I am going to explore these 7 questions and have an answer. Right now the answers are pretty hairy. I am trying to apply the ideals I have into action. That is not an easy thing for a highly idealistic procrastinator to do. I am good at thinking about it and making it look good on paper but not so good at the 'applying to action' part. Sigh.

No comments: