Monday, October 08, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

I wouldn't feel right if I didn't take a minute to express my gratitude for the multitude of blessings I enjoy. I feel like the Lord is smiling down on me this season. We have a new addition to our family but I have to also share how grateful I am for my precious other 3.

Tansy is growing up into such a beautiful young woman. She is a second mother to Emma. It makes my heart soar when I see them snuggling and smiling at each other. She is inventive and sensitive. She is independent and a leader. She aches to spend time alone with me - just us girls thrifting and shopping for clothes. She is coming into her own. She has her own unique style. I am blessed.

Tristan is my little prince. Each morning he gets himself up, unloads the dishwasher, makes himself breakfast, feeds the dog and pops his head in my room to say goodbye for the day. Some mornings he leaves breakfast for me. Today we were digging in the garden- breaking up clumps of dirt, happy just being near one another in the fall sunshine. Every now and then he would bolt off in comic terror as the wasps made love to the multicolored sweater he was wearing. I am blessed.
Liam is more than a boy - he is a force, an energy, an untameable spirit. Like the wind, he can not be contained. Liam calls me 'my lovely'. He can't keep his voice down in church. He needs to kiss me and Emma at least 100 times a day. I am blessed.

My Jim. My love. My best friend. He isn't content unless he is rushing out to save someone having a heart attack. He chases seagulls, brings me ginger ale when I feel down and thinks Bruce McColloch's open letter to the guy who stole his bike wheel is absolutely hilarious.



He laughs even harder at Bruce McColloch's open letter to the people who watched the guy steal his bike wheel.


I don't quite get the humor but he actually throws his head back and laughs at this stuff. He makes me laugh. I am blessed.

We bought a new home. It is just the home I imagined having. I feel blessed to have all this space and all these windows. I feel blessed to have a library, a sun room, a laundry room, a cold room and a jacuzzi tub.

I have my health. I live in a free country. I am able to stay home with my children. I am able to worship as my conscience dictates. I have a loving family - good friends. I have books in my library. This list could go on and on and I would still be missing something to add. I am blessed. I am blessed. I am blessed blessed blessed!

Happy Thanksgiving my friends.

1 comment:

arlene said...

Your cup is overflowing Stacey. I feel more thankful for my own life just visiting your blog. I think I'll go hug my family!