Thursday, October 11, 2007

Some Bad News...

Tristan came home from school yesterday with some bad news...
He looked at me in all seriousness and I felt a sudden surge of alarm.

"What's the bad news?" I asked.

"Mom,"
He paused in dark reflection, my concern mounted.

"When I grow up I'm going to get pimples and hair on my butt..."
His eyes grew big and round as he exclaimed in dramatic horror,

"... puberty!"


I suddenly remembered the consent form I had signed the week before so that Tristan could go to a special 'health' class - you know, the one where they separate the girls from the boys to talk about the changes they will go through as they get older.

I still chuckle when I think of his face. Of course, he wasn't sincerely concerned. Like his father, our Tristan is quite the comedic actor. I laughed so hard I think I pulled something that day.

1 comment:

arlene said...

Heeheehee...boys are hilarious. My now 25 year old came bursting into the house one day at about the same age and threw his books on the table and said in a horrified voice (about his best friends older brother).... "Mom! Bret's got PUBERTY!!"