Saturday, August 30, 2008

Days of Summer

Summer vacation is nearly at an end. The children were able to get a few canoe days in at the local lake.





Tansy went horseback riding. This is her very favorite thing to do any time of year.




Liam learned to ride his bike...finally. He had resisted trying for so long - always insisting he could walk wherever anyone could bike. Now that Liam can ride, he hasn't gotten off it all summer!



Tansy was able to go to her first Girl Guides camp. She stayed up all night giggling - of course! I think she was trying to earn a 'giggle-till-all-hours-badge'. I wonder if they have such a badge , if they don't they should.


Tristan, Liam, Adam and Jarrett went to Writing-On-Stone. This is only the most amazing place on the planet! I've never had so much fun watching a group of boys chase each other through the hoodoos. I think they were orks or something equally charming. If there were snakes in the area to begin with they didn't stay long.





My dear friend Amber came this summer. Emma was named after her (Amber Emma Mary). We spent a day together. It was a wonderful surprise visit.



1 comment:

arlene said...

I don't want summer to be over!! I guess I'll just have to hang on to all my colourful memories. Your's here are gorgeous.
And I agree about Writing on Stone. Our best family holiday ever was camping there for a week the first week of September. My boys always want to go back!
xo arlene