Sunday, July 06, 2008

Legacy

I look into the eyes of my little Emma and see souls yet to be.

I am working on a Lift cottage meeting presentation which I hope opens discussion about family traditions and family legacy. My goal is to help others (and myself) better create or build on traditions and legacy in our homes. This whole topic was inspired by a lesson I am giving in church tomorrow. I have been moved by the idea of consciously planning for the traditions of my great grand children's children. (Am I a control freak or what?!) Just think about it - what kind of legacy am I leaving them? Can I instill in my own children the values and virtues which will manifest immovable convictions throughout future posterity? What convictions will those be?


If you plan to plant a tree, it is not for yourself but for future generations to enjoy the shade. Whether my great great grandchildren are born yet or not they are still a part of my family and I am a part of theirs. So, I endeavor to put them into my thoughts and plans.








3 comments:

Redneckliber said...

I love love love the pictures. You are a wonderful person and are such an inspiration to me. I am so happy to be your friend.

Mary Siever said...

Stacy

That picture of your baby is just breathtaking. Wow.

arlene said...

What a wonderful, worthwhile goal! It speaks of great vision, not control!!
Plant those "trees"!